HOST AN EVENT AT STARTUP WEEK 2017
An Edmonton Startup Week event can be any free event that helps build momentum and celebrates our city's unique startup community and culture of innovation! This can include talks, workshops, mixers and networking sessions, fitness and adventure opportunities, meetups, and more. Events of all sizes are encouraged to apply.
Edmonton Startup Week is all about community! Share your skills, start a conversation, welcome new friends, and help foster even more creative collaborations that will move our city's startup and innovation culture forward.
Startup Week founder, Andrew Hyde, shares some great advice in his post Tips For Submitting Great Startup Week Events. Remember, Startup Week isn't a platform to pitch or sell your product - it's all about giving back to the community we love!
Event application checklist:
- Awesome new idea to bring to Edmonton Startup Week 2017!
- Check out our past schedules for existing signature events.
- Our friends in Austin, Detroit, and Boulder are great sources of inspiration.
- Ask a partner or team to help you plan, promote, and host your event.
- Find a venue.
What happens after I apply?
Our team will review your suggested event and get back to you with any additional requests within three business days. Events will be added to the official schedule as they are approved. We have a lot of event planning experience and we'll provide you with:
- A partnership agreement that outlines:
- The mission of the global Startup Week program
- Our community mandate and event partner expectations
- Inventory of support from Edmonton Startup Week and related deadlines
- Handbook to host an awesome Edmonton Startup Week event
- Checklists to help guide your planning each step of the way
- Have an event planning questions?
- Connect with our team for vendor recommendations. Plus, advice on insurance, permits, and licenses.